The aims and objectives of the society are as follows:
- To promote information security research and study.
- To promote information security and cyber security awareness and education through campaigns, workshops and seminars.
- To promote the concept of Information Security Day to be observed on the first Thursday of every August.
- To formulate and implement programs for the achievement of scientific and technical knowledge to the members of the society for their activities and development.
- To co-operate with other similarly constituted organizations at state and district levels and conduct joint ventures, if found necessary by the society.
- To nurture and encourage the values like morality, legality, honesty, compassion, patriotism etc. among the members of the society.
- To take up programs for ensuring communal and social harmony and brotherhood and to promote national unity, peace and amity.
- To receive and collect subscriptions and donations either in cash or in kind, or acquire by anyother lawful ways and means and spend the same in fulfillment of all or any of the aims and objects of the society.
- To acquire by purchase, take on lease, hire or by gift or otherwise and hold any movable and immovable property or properties or any rights or privileges that may be deemed necessary or useful for the advancement of the objects of the society.